Home again – Chienne Unwell.


The flight from Dubai arrived early but there were delays through Customs and Immigration so it was about an hour before she was able to leave the airport and come over here to the hotel Being in a wheelchair because of the broken shoulder, she was the last person off the aircraft. Why was I not at the airport to meet her?  Simple really – my nieces –

The Entrance to the  A L B G
The Entrance to the A L B G

in Scotland – arranged for their mother to be picked up by a car at Adelaide Airport and brought here to the hotel. ( Very nice!)  She is looking well and I will have to do some things for her – nothing major just buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt. As I said the other day, when we leave and head for home depends on how she is feeling in the morning. I expect to stop in Port Wakefield for food and fuel.

Pt. Wakefield / Tin Man / Arid Lands B.G.

Yes, we did go as far as Port Wakefield and then stop for about an hour. Our next stop was  The Tin Man  but only because I wanted a bottle of water. From there to the Arid

The Tin Man Road House
The Tin Man Road House

Lands Botanic Gardens and  five new plants. I have put two of them in a planter and I’ll do the rest in the morning. I think it was after 1:30 when we got home and Herself wondering where we were. Sat with Chienne for a little bit whilst she made a fuss. I took her out for a walk.  It’s been a long day and I’ll be glad to get my head down. Tomorrow I have a Fundraising event for the RFDS, so another long day. Didn’t find out who won the Grand Final. We had sold out and packed up before the end of the game. It had been a long day from 9am to 4pm, but fortunately I wasn’t on duty until 11:30. With the temperature reaching the low 30c  by mid afternoon,  it was a tad warm after the cold and wet of winter. However, back to cold again this week I believe. The family came over for dinner last night and  Andrew & Trish will take Catherine  up  to the Flinders and have lunch there. Herself and I have the Church Fete this weekend so we have to be here for that. Also I have to look after the money and get it banked on Monday. I took her touring up in the Flinders last time she was here – actually we covered much of the State that last holiday.

I have been up since the early hours (3;45am) of this morning. What with all that went on from Thursday onward – the traveling and other things, I zonked out last night quite early. Herself, being the kind,  thoughtful person she is,  left me sleeping. So, I slept for about six hours  and woke up – and have been awake since. Not too happy about that.  Yes, ok,  I am happy about being awake and alive, just unimpressed with the timing aspect.

Can’t for the life of me think why but the song “Another one bites the dust” keeps running around in my head. :o)

Chienne relaxing
Chienne relaxing

Chienne has been ill and for a while during the night I was fearful that we would lose her. This morning she seems to be much better and she has been sick a number of times. Her breathing is better – less laboured –  and she has been drinking water. I  think it is something she has eaten – can’t think what, but after being here with me for most of the night she is now outside. I carried her out  earlier but she is going in and out on her own. For a good part of the night I had her on my lap, comforting and cuddling her.   As I said she is much better. I will go down to the shop and get some puppy food and see how she goes with that. But I will keep a very close eye on her over the next day or so.

2 thoughts on “Home again – Chienne Unwell.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.